:: Math for Parents Workshops
- Each workshop is a two-hour stand alone session for parents and children on a topic in school mathematics. There are 17 workshops available and each collection contains facilitator notes and parent handouts. Each collection is available in both English and Spanish.K-4 Workshops
5-8 Workshops (Can also be adapted for high school students)
- To use these curriculum materials in both English and Spanish today, click on the following links to access them now!
:: Math for Parent Mini-Courses
There are 5 Mini-Courses available and each requires a commitment of 16 hours. Each book contains facilitator notes and parent handouts available in both English and Spanish. Topics include:
- Thinking About Fractions, Decimals and Percents
- Thinking About Numbers
- Thinking in Patterns
- Geometry for Parents
- Data for Parents
:: Leadership Development
Parents are given professional development to lead workshops and eventually train other parents to lead workshops. Parents joining the Leadership Team commit themselves to a process of Leadership Development that takes place in three stages:
- Workshop Facilitator
:: Colored Transparencies
Transparencies are available for each collection of workshops and for each mini-course. Available in the following:
:: Guidebook for a MAPPS Program
The spiral bound guidebook contains a detailed description of a MAPPS program with specifics for:
- Starting and nourishing a MAPPS Program
- Leadership Development
- Program Evaluation (including ready-to-use surveys)
:: Professional Development Sessions
A variety of conferences have been developed to aid in preparation for your MAPPS Program. Ongoing consultation packages are also available to maintain momentum and ensure a successful implementation.
If your school or community has special needs that are not listed, please contact the MAPPS Center to have a program tailor-made for your organization.
:: Ordering Materials
All materials can be ordered through The MAPPS Center by contacting us. You can also visit the Pricing page for more information. All curriculum materials are available for online access at no cost.
The Center also provides orientation and professional development workshops and on going consultation to aid schools, districts and other community based organizations, adopt MAPPS programs.